Monday 22 November 2010

“This week…Anything Goes!”

November 30, 2009 to December 6, 2009

With classes now out of the way, we moved off of the normal timetable and on to something new. This week’s focus was all on our show, either Anything Goes or Me & My Girl. I, along with Kelly McCue, were in Anything Goes.

Monday was really rough. We finally finished working scene by scene and put the whole thing together in a run (and we open on Thursday…wow we’ve got a long way to go!)

Tuesday I saw Little Voice with the original cast. It had one of my teachers in it as well. Once again it was really neat to watch my teachers from class on the actual West End! SOOO COOL!

Wednesday saw the Postgraduate at Mountview do their “Song & Dance” Performance. On Wednesday night I saw La cage a Follies at the Playhouse Theatre. This show was amazing! I didn’t think that I would actually like it but it was incredible!

Thursday I saw the other group of second years perform Me & My Girl. After their show finished, we quickly transformed the room into our set up for Anything Goes and had our dress rehearsal. The first years sat in on this run.

Friday was our performance of Anything Goes and the other group of seconds years and all the musical theatre staff sat in on it. After the show, we all headed to the Duke and celebrated. Good to know that nothing changing from country to country…we’re all Drinking Majors with a Theatre Problem...

Saturday the four American took a trip down to Abby Road to take the a photo just as the Beatles did so many years ago. After that we headed to Harrods just to see it one more time (first time for the girls). That night the Kellys and I headed to Alexandra Palace to go ice skating! That was the first time in my life that I have ever ice skated! I actually only fell once and that was only after an hour and a half of already skating. They started to play a Micheal Jackson song, I started dancing, missed placed my feet, and fell…but it was worth it. I loved ice skating and I can’t wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment